Tim's Emacs Configuration
The basic structure of the directories is:
- elpa: is the Emacs Lisp Package Archive
- init.el: loads all my customisations
- tim: miscellaneous customisation files
- custom.el: output of Custom.
- lisp-personal: are my old configuration files, one per mode. Unused.
Grab a git clone of this repository
git clone git://github.com/tmcgilchrist/.emacs.d.git
A few paths to executables may depend on MacPorts/Homebrew but that's it.
Things to try out or fix in no particular order.
- enable TRAMP mode
- customise where backup files are placed.
- re-enable slime-mode for common-lisp
- c-mode, is this even required? Probably at some point.
- enable RI mode for rinari so I can lookup the documentation for Ruby/Rails code.
- el-get for Emacs
- Git integration with Emacs
- Snippet support using something like yasnippet
- etags support for searching on methods/classes
- enable distel for Erlang
- add snippets for jasmine tests.