Port of Dashing to node.js
- Install from npm
$ npm install -g dashing-js
- Generate a new project
$ dashing-js new sweet_dashboard_project
- Change your directory to sweet_dashboard_project and install required modules
$ cd sweet_dashboard_project && npm install
- Start the server!
$ dashing-js start
- Point your browser at http://localhost:3030/ and have fun!
Every new Dashing project comes with sample widgets & sample dashboards for you to explore. The directory is setup as follows:
- Assets — All your images, fonts, and js/coffeescript libraries. Uses
- Dashboards — One .jade file for each dashboard that contains the layout for the widgets.
- Jobs — Your js/coffee jobs for fetching data (e.g for calling third party APIs like twitter). Name them \.job.js/*.job.coffee*
- Lib — Optional js/coffee files to help out your jobs.
- Public — Static files that you want to serve. A good place for a favicon or a custom 404 page.
- Widgets — All the html/css/coffee for individual widgets.
dashing-js from command line to find out what command line tools are available to you.
dashing-js is setup to be easily deployed on a Joyent Node SmartMachine. This means that:
- The version of Node is defined in package.json
- The main script to run is server.js
- The web server port is pulled from process.env.PORT