Noteworthy is an in-progress music editor with a sheet music interface. It is written in TypeScript, and uses React, MobX, and the Web Audio API.
Try it out here! https://supernoteworthy.com
Currently, it supports:
- Insert, drag and drop of notes, rests, accidentals, repeats, etc.
- Playback (hit "enter" to hear your music)!
- Edit while you play! Try moving the bounds of a repeat while in playback mode.
- Piece-wide key signatures.
- Chords that snap into place.
- Varying octave, volume, tempo inside the piece.
- A few instruments (piano, sine and sawtooth waves, and a snare).
Here is a screenshot of the insertion UI!
To run it locally, use
- Cappie Pomeroy, for coming up with the project name!
- Ant Design Toolkit for buttons, drop-downs, tooltips, etc.
- Salamander Grand Piano V3
- Landr Samples - snare, 808, moog
- Icons from The Noun Project:
- Most notes are traced from Wikimedia Musical score components but some I have created by hand.
- Recurse Center for providing the space to work on this project!