You can create wordwise enabled .mobi files for Amazon Kindle by using
To enable wordwise, the lang meta data of your .mobi files should be set to
eng. You can use
ebook-meta example.mobi -l eng to change the meta data.
- You need to have calibre on your device.
- Go to Releases and download wisecreator version for your operating system (
- Finally run the below commands in a shell
You can move standalone wisecreator file anywhere you like on your computer, but if you are using calibre portable, make sure you add your calibre portable folder to the PATH environment variable
- Install calibre
- Download and install Python3.
If your python has been build from source install
- From this project folder run
python -m pip install .
- Finally run wisecreator:
Kindle Android app
- You need to have root access to your android phone.
- Follow the script or executable and get new .mobi and .kll files
- Push the .mobi book to
- Push the WordWise.en.ASIN.db file to
/data/user/0/com.amazon.kindle/databases. You need root access for this.
- set the permissions for the wordwise file by running
chcon u:object_r:app_data_file:s0:c512,c768 [filename].dbfrom a terminal emulator app or via adb shell at the above path.
You need pyinstaller to pack executables. You can install it with pip.