TMK Keyboard Firmware Collection
This repository includes keyboard and converter firmware projects built with
tmk_core keyboard library.
The latest source code is available here: http://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard
Changed action code for
ACTION_LAYER_MODS and this may cause incompatibility with existent shared URL and downloaded firmwware of keymap editor. If you are using the action you just have to redefine it on keymap editor. Existent keymap code should not suffer.
Keymap framework was updated.
fn_actions should be defined as
action_t instead of
uint16_t. And default code for keymap handling is now included in core you just need define
uint8_t keymaps[MATRIX_ROWS][MATRIX_COLS] and
Some projects were moved from
orphan directory. Those might be removed in some future but you will be able to access them with
orphans tag. See https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/173
core: flabbergast's Chibios protocol was merged from https://github.com/flabbergast/tmk_keyboard/tree/chibios (@72b1668). See tmk_core/protocol/chibios/README.md. Chibios protocol supports Cortex-M such as STM32 and Kinetis.
Core library was separated to other branch
Makefile you need to set
TMK_DIR to indicate core library location now.
TMK_DIR = ../../tmk_core
You can find some keyboard specific projects under
- ps2_usb - PS/2 keyboard to USB
- adb_usb - ADB keyboard to USB
- m0110_usb - Macintosh 128K/512K/Plus keyboard to USB
- terminal_usb - IBM Model M terminal keyboard(PS/2 scancode set3) to USB
- news_usb - Sony NEWS keyboard to USB
- x68k_usb - Sharp X68000 keyboard to USB
- sun_usb - Sun to USB(type4, 5 and 3?)
- pc98_usb - PC98 to USB
- usb_usb - [USB to USB][GH_usb]
- ibm4704_usb - IBM 4704 keyboard to USB
- next_usb - NeXT(Non-ADB) to USB, contributed by BCG and based on Adafruit's work
- hhkb - Happy Hacking Keyboard pro my main board
- alps64 - Alps64 PCB
- hbkb - Happy Buckling spring keyboard(IBM Model M 60% mod)
- Infinity - Massdrop Infinity keyboard
- gh60 - GH60 DIY 60% keyboard prototype my second board
- onekey - Simple one key keyboard example
Projects based tmk_keyboard or tmk_core
GPLv2 or later. Some protocol files are under Modified BSD License.
Third party libraries like LUFA, PJRC and V-USB have their own license respectively.
Build Firmware and Program Controller
Change your keymap
To see help press
Magic key combination is
RShift in many projects, but
Power key on ADB converter.
Magic keybind can be vary on each project, check
config.h in project directory.
Following commands can be also executed with
Magic + key. In console mode
Magic keybind is not needed.
----- Command Help ----- c: enter console mode d: toggle debug enable x: toggle matrix debug k: toggle keyboard debug m: toggle mouse debug v: print device version & info t: print timer count s: print status e: print eeprom config n: toggle NKRO 0/F10: switch to Layer0 1/F1: switch to Layer1 2/F2: switch to Layer2 3/F3: switch to Layer3 4/F4: switch to Layer4 PScr: power down/remote wake-up Caps: Lock Keyboard(Child Proof) Paus: jump to bootloader
Boot Magic Configuration - Virtual DIP Switch
Boot Magic are executed during boot up time. Press Magic key below then plug in keyboard cable. Note that you must use keys of Layer 0 as Magic keys. These settings are stored in EEPROM so that retain your configure over power cycles.
To avoid configuring accidentally additive salt key
KC_SPACE also needs to be pressed along with the following configuration keys. The salt key is configurable in
config.h. See tmk_core/common/bootmagic.h.
- Skip reading EEPROM to start with default configuration(
- Clear configuration stored in EEPROM to reset configuration(
- Kick up Bootloader(
- Debug enable(
- Debug matrix enable(
- Debug keyboard enable(
- Debug mouse enable(
- Swap Control and CapsLock(
- Change CapsLock to Control(
- Swap LeftAlt and Gui(
- Swap RightAlt and Gui(
- Disable Gui(
- Swap Grave and Escape(
- Swap BackSlash and BackSpace(
- Enable NKRO on boot(
- Set Default Layer to 0(
- Set Default Layer to 1(
- Set Default Layer to 2(
- Set Default Layer to 3(
- Set Default Layer to 4(
- Set Default Layer to 5(
- Set Default Layer to 6(
- Set Default Layer to 7(
Mechanical Locking support
This feature makes it possible for you to use mechanical locking switch for
ScrollLock. To enable this feature define these macros in
config.h and use
KC_LN UM or
KC_LSCR in keymap for locking key instead of normal
ync option tries to keep switch state consistent with keyboard LED state.
#define LOCKING_SUPPORT_ENABLE #define LOCKING_RESYNC_ENABLE
Start Your Own Project
tmk_coreinto your repository using
- Copy files from
tmk_keybaordor other project similar to yours
- Edit those files to support your keyboard.
See these as examples.
hid_listen to see debug messages. You can use xprintf() to display debug info, see
Files and Directories
- keyboard/ - keyboard projects
- converter/ - protocol converter projects
- tmk_core/ - core library
- tmk_core/doc/ - documents
- Report bugs in github Issues.
- Pull requets are also welcomed.
- Doesn't use Tab to indent, use 4-spaces instead.
Other Keyboard Firmware Projects
You can learn a lot about keyboard firmware from these. See Other Projects other than TMK.