A simple system for repeatable deploys.
There are a number of deployment systems out there (such as Capistrano,
zc.buildout, pip requirements, etc.) but most are very complicated or are
deployable aims to be language-agnostic, easy to use,
repeatable, flexible and fault-tolerant.
deployable is ideal for setting up a single machine. Should you need
deployment on multiple machines, you might want to consider using
- Easy to use
- Easy to extend
- Work with many major version control systems
- Allow for cached deployment (pull sources to a single machine then redistribute to other servers)
- Requires Python 2.4+ w/ no other dependancies.
- No install required, just include the
deployable.pyfile along with your source code.
- Only test on Unix systems, though it may work on Windows. (Reports/patches accepted!)
Simply create a Python file of with the name of your choice and fill it with:
from deployable import * install_list = [ Shell(command='mkdir foo'), Tarball(url='http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/W/Whoosh/Whoosh-0.3.0b24.zip'), Git(url='git://github.com/toastdriven/django-haystack.git'), Svn(url='http://code.djangoproject.com/svn/django/trunk/django'), GitSvn(url='http://pysolr.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/'), Hg(url='http://bitbucket.org/ubernostrum/django-profiles/'), ] deploy(install_list)
Then run the file (i.e.
python deploy_me_please.py). You'll get a log of
what's going on. For advanced usage, see the
api_complex.py sample file
included with this distribution.
Currently supported commands are: