Welcome to jmxtrans
This is the source code repository for the jmxtrans project.
This is effectively the missing connector between speaking to a JVM via JMX on one end and whatever logging / monitoring / graphing package that you can dream up on the other end.
jmxtrans is very powerful tool which uses easily generated JSON based configuration files and then outputs the data in whatever format you desire. It does this with a very efficient engine design that will scale to communicating with thousands of machines from a single jmxtrans instance.
The core engine is very solid and there are writers for Graphite (recommended), Ganglia, cacti/rrdtool, text files, and stdout. A writer for OpenTSDB would be a great addition. Feel free to suggest more on the discussion group or issue tracker.
- See the Wiki for full documentation.
- Join the Google Group if you have anything to discuss or follow the commits. Please don't email Jon directly because he just doesn't have enough time to answer every question individually.
- People are talking - this is me! (skip to 21:45) and talking and talking (skip to 34:40) and (french) about it.
- If you are seeing duplication of output data, look for 'typeNames' in the documentation.
- If you like this project, please tell your friends, blog & tweet. I'd really love your help getting more publicity.