YAACC - UPNP Client and Server
YAACC (Yet Another Android Client Controller) is a hobby project I am working on in my free time. So it's not perfect and I am only able to test the app with my own hardware setup.
Please, help improving YAACC by reporting problems or sending pull requests.
The App allows you to play media from UPNP/DLNA devices in your network on your android device or any capable UPNP device in your network. It is also possible to start an UPNP server on your device in order to play media from your device on any UPNP renderer in your network.
- UPNP Server - share files of your device in the network
- UPNP Client - receive media from other devices on your device
- UPNP Controller - control media renderer in the network
- Control multiple media renderer
- Allow download files to the device
- Allow sharing of urls and sending them to the current media renderers
- Implemented parts of UPnP Version 3 at once (sending synchronization information to the renderer)
Please take a look in the settings of the app. A lot of configuration can be done there.
The media server is stopped by default and has to be activiated in the settings. For this go to settings and tick some checkboxes under "Local server configuration" depending on your needs in order to start the server
A word about the cling library
This project is based on the work of https://github.com/4thline/cling. This great UPNP library made yaacc possible and all honor belongs to the authors of that project. Thank you for your work on that project!
Unfortunately the project went into the EOL state and no maintainer is found yet. Therefore a copy of the parts of cling needed by YAACC are now included in this repository because I am not able to maintain the whole project.
Android SDK (set ANDROID_HOME or create a local.properties file to point to it)
Build from source
Build the project by running following command in the project root:
After the build has finished the debug apk is located in