A fitter, happier, more productive REPL for Clojure.
Improvements over the existing REPL that comes in clojure.jar
- A number of readline commands, some not available in earlier JLine versions:
- navigation to the start/end of lines, and forward/back by word
- history navigation and search
- and much much more
- kills the currently running command, breaks out of infinite loops, etc.
- doesn't bail out of the process - stops interruption-friendly operations
- Code completion for:
- Clojure vars and namespaces
- Clojure namespace-qualified vars
- Java classes, packages
- Java package-qualified classes, static methods
- ClojureDocs support via a
- Optional nREPL integration
Meantime (assuming you have leiningen installed):
git clone https://github.com/trptcolin/reply.git cd reply lein deps, compile
bin/reply.sh. This will get friendlier for non-Cygwin Windows users.
And if you want to really live the high life:
ln -s /path/to/reply/bin/reply.sh ~/bin/reply
If you want additional stuff on the classpath, you can set
USER_CP=`lein classpath` reply
Examples of fancy options:
No options; standalone execution:
Launch nREPL in interactive mode:
$ reply --nrepl
Skip all the bells-and-whistles initialization and provide your own:
$ reply --skip-default-init -e '(println "OHAI WORLD")'
For details on the latest and greatest:
$ reply --help
Special thanks to 8th Light for allowing me to work on this during our open-source Friday afternoons.
Copyright (C) 2011-2012 Colin Jones
Distributed under the Eclipse Public License, the same as Clojure. See the LICENSE file for details.