oTree Virtual Machine Manager
oTree Virtual Machine Manager helps to manage user accounts.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://otree-virtual-machine-manager.readthedocs.io.
oTree Virtual Machine Manager is a complement to the oTree Virtual Machine Image provided by Felix Albrecht and Holger Gerhardt.
Since doing research is time-consuming enough, this tool ensures that administrators of an oTree server do not waste their time on creating fully equipped user accounts and similar tedious tasks. Everything breaks down to a single commandline interface.
Managing an oTree server with multiple experiments running parallel has never been easier.
- Create users
- Creates a fully equipped experimenter account (clear project structure, virtual environment, graphical or point-and-click solutions to many oTree-related commands, samba access).
- Back up user
- Creates a database and/or home folder backup for users upon account closure so that nothing gets lost.
- Remove user
- Removes otree-server user accounts.
- Reroutes user
- Depending on the network it might be necessary to assign the main port to a different user.
- Behind the scenes
- Handles port configuration for multiple parallel user accounts on a single virtual host.
You can find a series of tutorial videos on Youtube.
Contributions are welcome and they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given.
Thanks to all contributors who spent their time on making this project more helpful for everyone.
- Jonas Radbruch (Contributions to the documentation)