LinkedPipes Application Generator
This generator lets you create interactive data-driven applications based on linked RDF data. It is built on top of the LinkedPipes Visualization project showcasing its capabilities.
The author developed this software as his master thesis under the supervison of RNDr. Jiří Helmich. The text can be found here (PDF). The official thesis name is "Data-Driven Web Application Generator".
You can try out a live demo of this Application Generator.
LDVMi vs LinkedPipes Visualization vs Application Generator
LDVMi is the original project name of LinkedPipes Visualization which is a visualization tool for Linked Data. You can find out more at the project web page.
The Application Generator is an extension of LinkedPipes Visualization that utilizes the underlying LDVM implementation (the discovery algorithm). Simply put, it is an alternative user interface that instead of static visualizations produces rich configurable applications.
Both tools exist in the same codebase. The main part of the Application
Generator is the alternative frontend which can be found here.
The Scala backend is implemented in Scala packages
To see the Application Generator in action, check out the following YouTube videos:
The following guide will help you to get the Application Generator up and running:
The Application Generator was designed to be easily extended and works as a framework for implementing new visualizers. The following guides (which have been extracted from the thesis text) should provide you with enough information:
- Frontend Architecture
- Frontend Development Stack Guide - introduction to React, Redux, Reselect, React-Router and Immutable.js
- Frontend Framework Conventions
- A guide to integrating new visualizers
- Advanced Framework Features
We recommend referring to the original text which includes the necessary context plus information that was lost during the conversion from Latex to Markdown (links, citations, figures...).
If you come across a bug or weird behavior, report an issue. There is a good chance that we are already aware of it.
- Live demo
- Application Generator repository
- Repository with LDVM vocabulary and sample LDVM component definitions
- Repository with sample data sets for the Application Generator
- Repository with thesis text (and PDF)
- Original LinkedPipes Visualization repository
- LinkedPipes Visualization project page
- Author's homepage