Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the kdm-manager development wiki!
For now, we're going to use this to track dev/deploy/update type issues and topics, though the scope may expand. No solid plans yet: just kind of playing it by ear.
- About - kdm-manager is a campaign manager for "Monster" by Kingdom Death.
- Framework - kdm-manager does not leverage any frameworks or platforms. It is a DIY, "from scratch" hobby project.
- Ground Rules - The Manager is a fan project that is totally unaffiliated with Kingdom Death. Accordingly, I follow some basic guidelines.
- Development Roadmap - coming soon
Installation and Deployment Issues
- settings_private.cfg - If running a true production instance of the Manager, you'll need to create one of these files to store credentials for email users and CLI admin access.
- .python_eggs - Running the Manager's init script for the first time throws a traceback about not having permission to modify /home/username/.python_eggs/
run_mode - The Manager can currently be put into a "production" or "downtime" run mode using the built-in
As of 2018, asset management all happens in the API. Read the headings below before jumping into asset definition management.
- Gear Asset Definitions - for their tiny size, Gear cards contain a ton of information. Read this for more on how to create/maintain gear asset definitions.
- Semantic Logging using the log_event() method. Starting with release 2.59.1140 (December 14th, 2017), the API supports both legacy, string-based logging as well as and parameter-based ("semantic") logging.
- clone_user.py - a CLI script that can be used to clone one or more production users to a remote/dev machine
- get_user - download a user's data via CLI (e.g. using curl) to a remote machine
- logrotate - Neither the Manager nor the API create log rotation config on installation. Here are some recommendations for simple log rotation configs.