weekly experiments with othermachine Othermill by @todbot & @carlynorama
MyFirstOtherMillPendant - 22 May 2015
- Task: Use Illustrator to make a non-circuit design
- Hard to align multiple SVGs
LED-OtherCat - 29 May 2015
- Task: Make simple non-rectangular circuit in Eagle using 1/16" endmill
- Can't do most through-hole with 1/16" --> Do extra hole pass at 1/32"
HandCodedGerberPart01 - 5 Jun 2015
- Task: Explore how Otherplan imports Gerbers vs. SVGs, since in SVGs you can't do "put a hole here"
NeoJoints - 5 Jun 2015
- UPDATE: These have their own repo now: https://github.com/todbot/NeoJoints
- Task: Make "joints" for NeoPixel/WS2812 LED strip to make it easier to join pieces together
- Programmatically generating these for different angles, LED spacing, etc. would be good.
MillBug - 12 Jun 2015
- Task: Make an ATtiny85-based circuit using something other than LEDs
- Soldering SMD on non-soldermask boards is a recipe for disaster if you have spazzy hands.
- So, increase polygon "isolate" value for ground pour to give you bigger spacing to non-milled copper.
OtherBlink - 3 Jul 2015 (originally Aug 2014)
- Task: See if Othermill can do SOIC & PLCC packages for ATtiny85 & WS2812, and make battery-powered flashing LED pendant with capsense touch sensor
- capsense on battery-powered projects is challenging
PlywoodPendant - 24 Jul 2015
- Task: See if we can hit the independant plys in high-grade plywood
See if Othermill can do SOIC & PLCC packages for ATtiny85 & WS2812, and make battery-powered flashing LED pendant with capsense touch sensor
- Lots of "chipout" around engraved areas. Would blue tape help?
- We can make it thin enough for LEDs!