Hackers and Slackers API
What Is This Thing?
This is an API serving a Ghost blog: Hackers and Slackers dot com. Under the constraints of a blog theme, this API was created to provided additional functionality to an otherwise simple app designed solely to serve content. While still in active development, this project serves a number of purposes:
- Replaces a given site’s
<a>with sophisticated link previews as embedded HTML.
- Scrapes the following from any given URL:
- Preview image
- Publish Date
- Domain Origin
- Metadata is embedded as pure HTML to improve the site owner’s SEO and user friendliness by adding rich content to sites which are link-heavy.
- Site content is modified by directly interacting with the site's database.
- A collection of features aimed to simplify the sign up processes as much as possible.
- Infers information about the user to simplify onboarding.
- Welcomes new users via a Sendgrid mailer.
- Automates the syndication of new posts to content platforms lacking this functionality (namely Medium)
- It's complicated.