Linkbox is an API which generates beautiful embedded link previews for any given URL.
Linkbox is a single GET endpoint which accepts a
?url= parameter and returns best-guess metadata for the target site. A preview can be found on the Linkbox API website.
Features in Development
There are several major features which remain in development:
- AI-Generated Summaries: Get the best synopsis of an article or webpage possible by letting robots write them for you.
- Returning Embed HTML: Instead of simply returning JSON containing metadata per request, users will be able to opt in to instead receiving a text response of HTML for an embedded widget.
- Customized Responses: Some content providers (such as Medium) are intentionally resistant to scrapers. Exceptions for such sources will be handled on a case-by-case basis to ensure meaningful data is returned.
- Content Awareness: Depending on the content of the link, a different embed will be returned to best display said content.
- Direct Database Writes: Integration with a site's content database to ensure HTML is hard-embedded to the page as opposed to a client-side script.
This project and all publically-visible repositories are free of charge. If you've found this project to be helpful, a small donation would be greatly appreciated to keep us in business. All proceeds go towards coffee, and all coffee goes towards improving these projects.