Fiercely quick front-end boilerplate and workflows.
Get started with FireShell:
- Download the latest stable release from getfireshell.com.
- Clone the git repo —
git clone https://github.com/toddmotto/fireshell.gitand checkout the tagged release you need
Read the developer documentation on FireShell for further reading and learning. You may need to install a few assets before you can get started, such as Node, Git, Grunt.
Here are some of the main features of FireShell:
- HTML5 framework, WAI-ARIA roles and HTML5 semantics
- Baseline HTML5 features, DNS prefetching, responsive meta
- Encourages one-file CSS/JS in the view (HTML) for performance
- Includes jQuery CDN and relative fallback
- Includes Modernizr and HTML5 Shiv
- Google Universal Analytics snippet
- Open source workflow with Grunt.js running on Node.js
.command(Mac OS X) and
.bat(Windows) files for double-click command-line execution of FireShell
- Automatic Grunt dependency installation, directory relocation and grunt tasks
- Dynamically appended copyright for JS/CSS
- Livereloading the browser and file injection upon changes
- Annotated Gruntfile.js for extending
- Pre-setup Sass/SCSS files and folders for baseline project structure and imports
- Includes .editorconfig for consistent coding styles in IDEs
- Standard .gitignore to ignore minified files and standard ignorables such as .DS_Store
- No superfluous code comments
- Extremely lightweight footprint
├── app │ ├── apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png │ ├── assets │ │ ├── css │ │ ├── fonts │ │ ├── img │ │ └── js │ ├── favicon.ico │ └── index.html ├── src │ ├── js │ │ └── scripts.js │ └── scss │ ├── mixins │ ├── modules │ ├── partials │ ├── vendor │ └── style.scss ├── docs ├── grunt-build.command ├── grunt-build.bat ├── grunt-dev.command ├── grunt-dev.bat ├── package.json ├── README.md ├── .editorconfig ├── .gitignore ├── .jshintrc └── .travis.yml
Steps to contributing:
- Create your feature branch, commit changes and push to origin
- Submit a Pull Request with details on your feature branch
- Non-trivial changes should be discussed in an issue first
- Do not create issues for support reasons, use Stack Overflow
Projected roadmap for FireShell and it's subsets builds.
- Integrate Grunt-init to allow for initial project naming (for dynamic CSS/JS banners)
- LESS.css variant (
src), keeping Sass as default but providing Gruntfile.js setup
- AngularJS FireShell build with MVC scaffolding
- Bower as package manager
- Static HTML Includes FireShell build (emulates server-side includes)
- PHP FireShell spawning a
localhostwith relevant includes
- Create a Yeoman generator for FireShell
Copyright (c) FireShell
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.