Implementation of Smalltalk on the DLR.
The immediate goal of the project is to create a Smalltalk dialect that:
- Is X3J20 (ANSI INCITS 319-1998) Compliant Smalltalk
- Is First Class Member of the DLR Family
- Has an easy / transparent interop with .Net
- Has Decent Performance
Future goals include:
- A GUI interface layer; at some point hopefully having a system that could target either XAML or XNA.
- Better integration with .Net languages, class libraries and tools.
There are 3 things you can do if you would like to help out with this project:
- Become familiar with X3J20 (http://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDetail.aspx?sku=ANSIINCITS319-1998+(R2007))
- Study how the DLR works. There are some useful links in the Documentation directory of the source download.
- Start playing!