- Tasks are denoted by lines where the first non whitespace character is '- ' for pending tasks or '+ ' or '✓ ' for completed
- Project headings are lines which end with ':'
- All other text is notes
- Tasks can be nested arbitrarily deep using whitespace indentation
- Tasks can have notes (text indented to match the indentation of the task)
my project: ✓ find ToDoWiki - install ToDoWiki textmate bundle - try it out - profit another project: some notes - do that thing here's some notes about that thing more notes - one more thing
Differences from Tasks.tmbundle
- code folding is supported for projects or tasks with sub-tasks or tasks with notes using whitespace indentation
- rather than just deleting completed tasks and related notes, there's a separate ToDoWiki application which automatically archives completed tasks (and any sub tasks or sub notes) to a separate directory tree when files are saved. This lets you maintain all your history of completed tasks and their notes; while leaving your pending ToDoWiki files clean from cruft.
First you will need a download of the open source TextMate.
You probably also want to install the auto save on focus loss bundle so you never have to worry about saving your ToDoWiki files again
With git, for hackers
In a terminal:
mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/Avian/Bundles cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Avian/Bundles git clone git://github.com/todowiki/ToDoWiki.tmbundle.git ToDoWiki.tmbundle osascript -e 'tell app "TextMate" to reload bundles'
In a terminal:
cd /tmp curl -L http://github.com/todowiki/ToDoWiki.tmbundle/tarball/master > ToDoWiki.tar tar xvf ToDoWiki.tar mv todowiki-todowiki.tmbundle-* ToDoWiki.tmbundle open ToDoWik.tmbundle
Credits and license
By Henrik Nyh under the MIT license:
Copyright (c) 2007–2008 Henrik Nyh
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.