What is this project for?
This project is in development state and not finished yet
Initially this was for personal use only. But it happens that there were more and more requests if original "Koseven" would support namespaces and PSR. As it does not since it needs to be compatible with "Kohana" this repo was created.
When should i use this Project instead of Koseven
If you create a new Application and are familiar with Kohana/Koseven or just love how those frameworks work, chances are high Modseven will also fit. If you update a legacy Kohana application, Modseven is the wrong choice - use Koseven instead.
But also ask you those questions before choosing:
- Do i need namespaces / PSR - Use Modseven
- Do i want to be up-to date in terms of technology used? - Use Modseven
- Do i need backwards compatibility? - Use Koseven
- Do i need a many 3rd party modules? - Use Koseven
Also check the differences below.
What are the differences to Koseven?
Although it is quite similar to Koseven there are a few changes:
- Namespaces - Modseven uses the namespace
KO7for system files and is completely working with namespaces.
- Autoloader removed and moved to native composer PSR-4 autoloader.
bootstrap.phpgot moved. It's now called
routes.phpand only contains routes. Configuration is done via the
- Transparent classes + CSF got removed, they are not needed since namespaces are used.
- Code formatting
Note: All patches and features introduced in original "Koseven" will also be patched here.
Modseven documentation is basically the same as Koseven with just a few changes (described above).
Koseven Documentation can be found at docs.koseven.ga which also contains an API browser.
Will work as drop-in of Kohana / Koseven?
No. Also original modules won't be compatible.
Any help is more than welcome! Just fork this repo and do a PR.
Special Thanks to all Contributors and the Community!