An enhanced ALTO-viewer for Quality Assurance oriented display of a collections of scans, typically from books or newspapers.
Please visit http://tokee.github.io/quack/ for the project homepage, featuring a live demo.
- A minimum of 2GB free RAM for processing of 30MP scans
- ImageMagick (as GraphicsMagic cannot create histograms)
- A suitable beefy browser equipped machine for display, depending on image sizes and ALTO complexity
- deepzoom (only if tile based display is enabled. Install with 'sudo cpan -f install Graphics::DZI')
- Perl (required by deepzoom)
To get started, execute the following in a terminal (Tested under Linux, should work under OS-X and Cygwin):
./quack.sh samples samples_out