Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the spica-3.0 wiki!
The repository contains my port of Android 3.0 kernel for Samsung S3C6410 based phones (mainly Galaxy Spica). It's a continuation of spica-2.6.38 kernel rebased to Linux 3.0. You can find current status of the kernel on Status page.
What new this kernel brings?
- Code base updated to Linux 3.0 (3.0.41 currently).
- Completely rewritten board support code.
- Drivers heavily cleaned and fixed or rewritten completely.
- New partition scheme. (~240 MB of space on /data partition)
- Native flash file systems support (e.g. YAFFS2 and UBIFS).
- Preemption enabled. (It was disabled in old kernels to hide synchronization issues in several drivers)
- SLUB kernel allocator. (Previously the used proprietary XSR flash memory driver required SLAB)
- No more proprietary (binary-only) kernel modules.
- Easily portable to other s3c6410-based phones and upgradable to newer Linux kernel versions.
- No more bugs of original code stopping Android 2.3 and newer from working correctly.
If you want to contact me, you can send me an e-mail or a message here on GitHub or Samdroid.net.
How to compile the kernel: Compilation
Use gt_i5700_defconfig (or gt_i5700_ics_defconfig for Android 4.0) for a reasonable default configuration.