FreeCAD Curves and Surfaces WorkBench
This is a python workbench, with a collection of tools for NURBS curves and surfaces. This workbench is developed with FreeCAD Master (currently 0.18) and OCC 7.3 Some tools may not work with earlier versions.
Note: I am a very bad programmer, and this workbench is full of dirty, crappy code ;-) Please don't use these tools for any serious work.
There are 2 methods to install Curves WB:
- For FreeCAD version 0.17 or higher it's preferred to install this workbench with the FreeCAD's addon manager under the label "Curves".
- The second method is
- go in your personal FreeCAD folder ( usually ~/.FreeCAD on Linux )
- cd ./Mod ( or create this folder if it doesn't exist )
- git clone https://github.com/tomate44/CurvesWB
- start FreeCAD
"Curves" workbench should now show up in the workbench dropdown list.
Feedback, suggestions, and patches (via Pull Request) are all appreciated. If you find a problem with this workbench please open an issue in the issue queue, or join the following discussion of FreeCAD's forum : Curves workbench
Curves WB Tools
- Create a B-Spline curve
- Create a parametric editable B-Spline curve from a selected edge
- Join a set of edges into a single B-Spline curve
- Discretize an edge with various methods
- Approximate a set of points to a B-Spline curve or surface
- Create a parametric blending curve between to edges, with up to G2 continuity
- Comb Plot tool to visualize the curvature flow of an edge
- Zebra tool creates zebra stripes environment texture for surface inspection
- Nurbs surface editor to edit a Nurbs surface by moving the control vertices
- Trim tool to cut a face with an edge
- Geom Info displays information in the 3D view, about the selected edge or surface
- Extract subShapes from an object
- Parametric isocurve object
- Map a sketch on a face
- Birail object to be used as support for a "Sweep On 2 Rails" tool
CurvesWB is released under the LGPL2.1+ license