Chrome app example
A chrome extension is just a simple website with a
manifest.json giving Chrome
some metadata about your app. Here's a simple chrome app example that replaces
the new tab page with a dummy trello todo-list.
Awesome chrome extension list
Below is a few related links/guides for creating a Chrome extension of different types that were helpful to me.
- developer.google.com: Getting started
- thoughtbot.com: How to Make a Chrome Extension
- freecodecamp.org: How to create and publish a chrome extension in 20 minutes
The application key should be set in
- Application token: Create a sandbox application
- Link to a Trello board you wish to connect to the app, e.g. https://trello.com/b/lVGeY28u
With the last, you can find the id of the board, a todo list and a done list by adding
/report.json to the url, e.g. https://trello.com/b/lVGeY28u/report.json.
Here you'll find the keys
id (board id), and
lists[x].id (list ids).
Set these in
globals.js as well.
To load your extension in Chrome:
- Open up
chrome://extensions/in your browser
Developer modein the top right.
Load unpackedand select the repo directory on your machine.
You should now see your extension in the list, and if you open a new tab,
the background should be green. If you've set the application key in
you should also see a list of Trello items from the Todo list in https://trello.com/b/lVGeY28u