Return to Castle Wolfenstein for iOS and tvOS for Apple TV
This is my port of Return to Castle Wolfenstein for iOS. I have also made a target and version for tvOS to run on Apple TV.
- Tested and builds without warnings on Xcode 10.1.
- Runs single player campaign at full screen and full speed on iOS
- Multiplayer support, including server browser
- MFi controller support (reccomended) and on-screen control options
- Second project target for tvOS that takes advantage of focus model and removes on-screen controls.
- Limited support for native menus of original game
There are separate projects for single player (
RTCW-SP-iOS.xcodeproj) and multiplayer (
RTCW-MP.iOS.xcodeproj). You will need to drag your directories into the project and select "Create Folder References" and add them to both the iOS and tvOS targets. The folders will be blue if you've done it right:
You can read a lengthy blog article on how I did all this here.
This repo was based on the work from my previous Quake III: Arena port (more info and attributions here) and iortcw, a feature-parity copy of ioquake3 with RTCW changes. On-screen joystick code came from this repo by Brad Howe. Code to query servers came from Q3ServerBrowser on GitHub by Andrea Giavatto, using protocol 60 instead of 68.
Have fun. For any questions I can be reached at email@example.com