You must have Erlang/OTP R13B04 or later and a GNU-style build
system to compile and run
riak_core. The easiest way to utilize riak_core is by installing the full
Riak application available on Github. You can also view the Riak Core EDocs
We encourage contributions to
riak_core from the community.
- Fork the
riak_corerepository on Github.
- Clone your fork or add the remote if you already have a clone of the repository.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:yourusername/riak_core.git # or git remote add mine email@example.com:yourusername/riak_core.git
- Create a topic branch for your change.
git checkout -b some-topic-branch
- Make your change and commit. Use a clear and descriptive commit message, spanning multiple lines if detailed explanation is needed.
- Push to your fork of the repository and then send a pull-request through Github.
git push mine some-topic-branch
- A Basho engineer or community maintainer will review your patch and merge it into the main repository or send you feedback.