What is adminBookmarklet?
Who is this for and why?
adminBookmarklet was created to minimize effort.
It's for "lazy" people (like me
Developers, content managers, marketing people; everyone who works with websites or shops.
The story behind:
I was working for a web agency with a lot of customers and websites.
Everytime I needed to login into the backend of a website I had to do the following steps:
- Copy the frontend URL/Domain
- Open new tab
- Paste, maybe remove unwanted characters/path
- Add the admin path
I was tired of doing this a million times each day
How does it work?
You got 2 options:
- After creating a new bookmark in your browser, you can paste the minified script into the url field of the bookmark.\
- Or - the easier way - you can just drag the button from https://tomlutzenberger.github.io/adminBookmarklet to your bookmark bar.
Now when you click on it, the script opens a new window/tab and adds the admin path to the current website's domain.
Since v2.0 a couple of systems are detected automatically.
/admin will be used if your system is not supported (Please let me know, so I can add it)
What systems are supported?
What URLs are supported?
adminBookmarklet supports almost any kind of URL.
- Domains with protocol: http://yourdomain.com
- Domains without protocol: yourdomain.com
- Domains with ports: http://your.domain.com:8080
- Subdomains: http://your.domain.com
- IP's: 192.168.1.1/path
What browsers are supported?
- Edge is untestable due to the fact that it won't let you edit bookmarks and is therefore failing. See Microsoft Answers: Edit bookmarks in Microsoft Edge
This script is published under the MIT License and can be used for any commercial and personal projects.
- 2017-07-02 v3.0 Completely rewritten code base using ES6, unit tests and redesigned docs page
- 2017-02-21 v2.8 Improved system matching and added social share buttons to docs
- 2016-10-15 v2.6 Fixed port and protocol handling
- 2016-10-13 v2.4 Adding Github page
- 2016-09-22 v2.2 Some minor tweaks and switching to native domain extraction
- 2016-09-16 v2.1 Added Cloudrexx, Sefrengo and XT-commerce
- 2016-09-08 v2.0 Added functionality to detect Systems/CMS itself
- 2016-06-21 v1.0 Second release with strict environment. Including some cleanup and linting
- 2015-11-13 v0.2 First release