A simple plugin used to demonstrate how to use Ajax in WordPress development. Includes fully documented and localized code following WordPress coding conventions.
- Version 0.5 provides the basic foundation on the plugin using the typical model of saving options upon a POST
- Version 1.0 implements Ajax functionality using the WordPress Ajax API
View the full article.
- Download a copy of the plugin
- Install in your
- Navigate to your 'Plugins' dashboard
- Activate the plugin
- Navigate to any post page (new or existing) and the new feature will appear above the 'Publish' options
- Activating the option will render a new content box above post content
- Provides standard functionality without Ajax. Used to lay the foundation for implementing Ajax.
- Implements Ajax functionality to asynchronously save the custom post meta.
- This functionality is used to demonstrate how to use the WordPress Ajax API.
Notable functions used throughout this plugin are: