Carboy, a sister of the Alva ideablog, is a nanoblog application built using the Flask Python framework. Because who really needs another Tumblr?
What have I added?
- Permalinks for each blog post
- A model to collect beer recipes, in addition to narrative blog posts
- A fully functional entry admin using Flask-Peewee
- A secure auth system, with password hashing, using Flask-Peewee
- Database persistence using PostgreSQL
- Interaction with the database using the Peewee ORM instead of straight SQL
- Easy hosting for the application on Heroku
The development of this application is ongoing, but you can see a live version deployed at http://carboy.tommeagher.com/
The current alpha version is 0.6.0.