pumpy: computer control of your syringe pumps
Pumpy allows you to control your Harvard syringe pump or Mighty Mini piston pump from your computer over an RS-232 interface.
- Harvard Pump 11
- Harvard Pump 11 Plus
- Harvard PHD2000
- Mighty Mini piston pump
- For Harvard Pump 11, Pump 11 Plus, and PHD2000:
- set diameter
- set flow rate
- set target volume
- wait until target volume
- For Mighty Mini:
- set flow rate
loggingto record all operations.
- Python 2.7.3 or higher
- PySerial 2.6 or higher
- Computer with RS-232 port or a USB-serial adapter
- Cable to connect your pump. See the pump manual for the correct wiring.
pip install pumpy
python -m pumpy --help to see command line options.
Alternatively you can use it in your existing code:
chain = pumpy.Chain('/dev/tty.usbserial-FTWOFH91A') p11 = pumpy.Pump(chain,address=1) p11.setdiameter(10) # mm p11.setflowrate(2000) ## microL/min p11.settargetvolume(200) ## microL p11.infuse() p11.waituntiltarget() ## blocks until target reached p11.withdraw() p11.waituntiltarget() phd = pumpy.PHD2000(chain,address=4) phd.setdiameter(24) phd.setflowrate(600) phd.infuse() phd.stop() phd.withdraw() phd.stop() phd.settargetvolume(100) phd.infuse() phd.waituntiltarget() chain.close()
- Harvard PHD2000 supports higher precision when setting flow rates/diameters than the Pump 11. At present everything is truncated for compatibility with the Pump 11.
- PHD2000 requires "withdraw, stop, infuse" rather than "withdraw, infuse" otherwise it doesn't respond.
- PHD2000 will only take notice of target volumes when it has been put into volume mode using the keypad.
Thanks to Sam Macbeth for adding support for the Mighty Mini.