Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- In the ttf folder, double-click each font file, click “Install font”; to install all at once, select all files, right-click, and choose “Install”
- Use chocolatey:
choco install firacode
In the downloaded TTF folder:
- Select all font files
- Right click and select
Open With Font Book)
- Select "Install Font"
Not officially supported, might install outdated version
brew tap caskroom/fonts brew cask install font-fira-code
- Install a package available for your distribution following the instructions
- In the ttf folder double-click each font file and click “Install font”; see “Manual Installation” if double-clicking doesn't work
- Using pkg(8):
pkg install firacode
- Using ports:
cd /usr/ports/x11-fonts/firacode && make install clean
How to enable ligatures
You need to explicitly enable ligatures support in following editors:
- Jetbrains' products (IntelliJ, etc)
- VS Code
For other editors it must be enough to simply select Fira Code as your font of choice. Full list of supported editors
1. Make sure the font your editor displays is actually Fira Code
Easiest way is to compare the shape of
r with the reference image:
2. Make sure you’ve enabled ligatures in your editor
Consult this wiki (see above ↑) for instruction on how to do that.
3. Make sure you’re on the latest version of Fira Code
Consult CHANGELOG to see when it was last updated.
4. Check the list of known issues below ↓
Powerline characters are of slightly wrong size
Unfortunately this can’t be fixed for all terminals because they have different ways of calculate font metrics. See this comment
Some ligatures work while some don’t
This is an issue with your editor and how it handles tokenization/syntax highlighting. Nothing can be done in a font to work around that. Report your problem to the corresponding editor’s issue tracker.
Corrupted font in IntelliJ on Windows
cmd.exe, find and delete everything having Fira in the file name. It’s important that you use termnial commands, not Explorer.
Anything related to italics
Fira Code does not have italics at all. If you see italicized glyphs it means your editor is “faking” them.