Glissando is a system to calculate a payment or payments which takes into account both the consumer's ability to pay as well as optionally, the producers's financial status, the cost of production and sales volume (both to-date and expected). At its core, Glissando is a set of calculations using multiple sliding scales.
WARNING: this project is in its very early stage and is subject to large changes of the code-base, including project-wide name changes and API changes.
NOTE: in case it is not obvious from the log, only the iOS tree is current. Everything else either meta or a placeholder/stub.
Factors for the calculation:
- Financial status of the consumer/patron (this may be the only required input)
- Financial status of the producer
- Production/distribution cost of the product
- Expected sales
The Big Picture TODO list:
- Web service/API - for incorporation into payment systems, shopping carts, POS systems etc
- Mobile (perhaps using Appcellerator's Titanium - http://www.appcelerator.com/ )
It is probably too early to invite active collaboration, but of course this is GitHub and the project would not be here as a public project if it was not intended to be a public collaboration, so if/when you are so inclined fork/clone away and we'll figure out how to deal with pull requests if/when any show up!