Slackish in Laravel
This application is for personal development only. This is just a simplistic version of Slack, the chat service we all know and use.
For this application, I'm using:
The internal code I took from Adam Wathan's Slack Clone.
I know it's not responsive right now, what about sending a PR?
If you want to run it locally, here is the setup:
- Clone it
- Copy the
- Pull composer dependencies using `composer install'
- Pull npm dependencies using
- Build the assets
php artisan key:generate
- Create your database (I use a sqlite file for testing reasons, feel free to use whatever you want)
- Configure the database credentials in the
- Run the migrations
php artisan migrate
- Setup passport
php artisan passport:install
- Create a Pusher Account and configure the credentials in the
- You need to generate OAuth Application and enable the Google Plus contact permission
- After that, configure your
.envto use those credentials, the redirect URL I use is
- Run the application! (use
php artisan serve)