Miscellaneous, random, eclectic C++ code and other stuff. ;-)
This library is my attempt to collect code I have written over the years into a shareable and reusable form. At the moment, I have no real agenda or plan other than for this library to be useful. Also, I don't intend for this library to solve some grand problem. It will probably always be a collection of useful but random stuff.
If you find this library useful, I would love to hear about it!
- Use the latest C++ standard, techniques, and practices.
- Prefer the standard library, libraries on track for standardization, or Boost.
(May be slightly out-of-date. See code for definitive list of contents.)
- exception: Ease defining new exceptions, formatting exception messages, checking preconditions/postconditions/invariants, handling nested exceptions, etc.
- random: Simple wrapper for generating random integers and real numbers.
- unicode Encoding detection and fast conversions of ASCII saved as UTF-16/32.
See the code for a definitive list, but as for now:
- Boost (https://www.boost.org/)
- Catch2 (https://github.com/catchorg/Catch2)
- libfmt (https://github.com/fmtlib/fmt)
Compilers and Platforms
- Linux (I use Debian Stable)
- BSD (I use FreeBSD)
I would love suggestions, fixes, and other contributions. I would be particularly interested in help supporting other platforms. Feel free to discuss major additions/contributions.
See CONTRIBUTING for more information.