Railscamp Tee 9: The Getaway
A website about a t-shirt, lovingly crafted by Tim Lucas (@toolmantim) for Railscamp 11.
- As far as typefaces go, the two chunky display typefaces are the lovely new Girga and Jocham, and the third is the open-source Ostrich Sans.
- Compass command line tool is used for compiling the CSS, mainly for the CSS vendor prefixing (incuding the animations) and the data-uri embedding. See the Rakefile for the command.
- The SCSS file is in the public folder. Sharing is caring.
- A few lines of Sinatra helpers gives us asset timestamping and long-expires.
- ETag, Rack::Cache, Memcached and Heroku keeps things snappy.
v9 is the final edition in a long series of railscamp tee projects:
git clone https://firstname.lastname@example.org/toolmantim/railscampteev9.git cd railscampteev9 bundle
To run the local server:
To compile the CSS:
Everything in the entire site is MIT licensed, do what you like with it, except for the content in public/fonts. See the MIT-LICENSE for the full license.