vFeed The Correlated Vulnerability and Threat Intelligence Database Wrapper
vFeed Python Wrapper / Database is a CVE, CWE, and OVAL Compatible naming scheme concept that provides extra structured detailed third-party references and technical characteristics for a CVE entry through an extensible XML/JSON schema. It also improves the reliability of CVEs by providing a flexible and comprehensive vocabulary for describing the relationship with other standards and security references.
vFeed API generates a JSON-based format outputs to describe in detail vulnerabilities. It can be leveraged as input by security researchers, practitioners, and tools as part of their vulnerability description. The standard syntax is easy to interpret by humans and systems.
The mandatory associated vFeed DB (The Correlated Vulnerability and Threat Intelligence Database) is a detective and preventive security information repository used for gathering vulnerability and mitigation data from scattered internet sources into an unified database. The vFeed DB must be obtained directly from vFeed IO.
Open security standards:
Vulnerability Assessment & Exploitation IDs (Metasploit, SAINT Corporation, Tenable's Nessus Plugin IDs, Nmap, Exploit-DB)
Vendors Security Alerts:
- Microsoft MS
- And more ...
- Registered as CVE, CWE, and OVAL Compatible by the Mitre Corporation
- Support Open Standards such as CVE, CPE, CWE, CAPEC, WASC, CVSS and more
- Downloadable as SQLite database
- Support correlation with 3rd-party security references IAVA, OVAL and more
- Support correlation with security assessment and patch vendors (Nessus, Exploit-DB, Redhat, Microsoft..)
- Easy and ready-to-use python Wrapper
More features at vFeed, Inc.
- Penetration testers who want to analyze CVEs and gather extra information to help shape avenues to exploit vulnerabilities.
- Security auditors who want to report accurate information about findings. vFeed could be the best way to describe a CVE with attributes based on standards and 3rd party references as vendors or companies involved into standarization efforts.
- Security tools vendors / security open source developers who need to implement libraries to enumerate useful information about CVEs without wasting time to correlate and to create a proprietary database. vFeed is by far the best solution. Methods can be invoked from programs or scripts with a simple call.
- Any security hacker who is conducting research and needs a very fast and accurate way to enumerate available exploits or techniques to check a vulnerability.
How to ?
vfeedcli.py -h for help.
Refer to the Documentation official documentation page.
- [NEW RELEASE] - Project handed over to vFeed, Inc >> https://github.com/vfeedio/pyvfeed
- [Fix] Fixed Migrate() module (SQLite to MongoDB). Thanks to Thiago Palmeira from Infolink for reporting the bug.
- Added support to CAPEC v2.10. Check the full changelog.
- Added support to CWE v2.11. Check the full changelog.
- Added support to the new Microsoft security update
- [Improve] Improved the
get_msmethod to returns both all and new Microsoft bulletins and KBs.
- [Improve] Fixed issue #65. Cleaned the database from Reject entries.
- [Doc] Documentation updated to reflect the new changes. All changes are immediate for consultancy / integrator license customers. The CE database will be available by the end of the month
- [New] Reactivated the ability to automate the download process for Consultancy / Integrator plans using private Dropbox repository.
- [Improve] Improved the
mongo.pyto check whether SQLite exists. Thanks to Alex Faraino (https://github.com/AlexFaraino/vFeed)
- [Fix] Modified vfeedcli from API to wrapper.
- [Doc] Documentation updated to reflect the new changes.