Red syntax/expressions highligting
Usage and limitations
- Expressions highlighting works by default for predefined functions only. If UDF is evaluated in step mode, highlighting will work on these too (They are evaluated in default context; in-object evaluation TBD)
op!scope is correctly found when treated as argument. Arguments highlighting for
op!itself (in "Expr" mode) is partly done 17.01 (Left nested parens TBD)
- Highlighting does not adapt to dialects (e.g. parse, VID, RTD). TBD
- First version 24.01
- Font size and type changeable
- Selection with keys, double-click, shift-click
- Selection by dragging TBD
- Automatic tabbing, line numbering added 2.02
- Auto-completion with F1 12.02
- First version done 18.01
- No error-handling. TBD
- No comments :). TBD
- Code evaluation:
- First draft done 18.01: In "Step" mode use "Eval" button to evaluate highlighted expression
- Refining 7.02: Click "Construct". Then in step mode select expression and ctrl-click it to open refining panel... Works only for programs not in anonymous or path-named contexts.
- By scroller (from start)
- Simple wheeling done 18.01
- Back-stepping added 19.01
- Step-selection by mouse click 19.01
- Simple search added 20.01. Pointing on element, choose "Show" from contextual menu. For navigation between highlighted elements, select "Next" or "Prev", use contextual menu or arrow-keys.
- "Find" added to contextual menu 21.01. Next/prev find with buttons, contextual menu or arrow-keys.
- Move "Step"-highlighted elements: buttons, menu and keys (down-arrow-key = "into" while stepping, enter = evaluate)
- Layout is done according to W10. It may show with defects on other platforms/versions.
- Hovering worked initially for ~1.5 page only.
- Now works throughout longer files too 25.01
boldin syntax highlighting style definitions has no effect on
caret-to-offsetcalculations, which causes misplacement of hover-reactive boxes on layer above rich-text. Red bug?