List of Toot Café blocked instances
This is a list of Mastodon/Pleroma/GNU Social instances blocked by toot.cafe. If you think an instance has been unfairly blocked, please open an issue and/or a pull request.
The purpose of this is to be transparent and to collaborate with other admins on identifying those instances that may violate the commonly-accepted Code of Conduct in the Mastodon community based on the example set by mastodon.social, or those that tend to contain unruly actors who do, and who may send unwanted content into other instances.
Update/clarification: this list is for informational purposes only. It should not be considered the one definitive list for all-time of instances full of bad people who are bad and should feel bad about themselves. This is a list of instances blocked by toot.cafe based on the judgment of our moderators, our Code of Conduct, and the laws of the United States.
Also, a more up-to-date and detailed blocklist can be found in Dzuk's blockchain. That may be a better resource if you want to read up more on the reasoning behind blocking certain instances and make the judgment call for yourself.
|rainbowdash.net||silenced||Advice of toot.cat/cybre.space admins, GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**|
|shitposter.club||suspended||Advice of toot.cat/cybre.space admins, GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**, hosts fake Gargron account|
|freezepeach.xyz||silenced||Advice of toot.cat/cybre.space admins, GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**|
|social.heldscal.la||silenced||Advice of toot.cat/cybre.space admins, GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**|
|woofer.alfter.us||silenced||Advice of toot.cat admin, GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**|
|social.au2pb.net||silenced||Advice of toot.cat admin, GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**|
|gorf.club||silenced||Advice of toot.cat admin, GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**|
|sealion.club||silenced||Advice of toot.cat/cybre.space admins, GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**|
|gs.smuglo.li||suspended||Advice of toot.cat admin, GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**, lolicon***|
|unsafe.space||silenced||Advice of toot.cat admin, GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**|
|wrongthink.net||silenced||GNUSocial apparent free speech zone**|
|ediot.social||silenced||Apparent free speech zone**|
|admins.town||silenced||Inter-admin politics that doesn't need to pollute the public timeline|
|social.targaryen.house||silenced||Apparent free speech zone**|
|noagendasocial.com||silenced||Apparent free speech zone**|
|social.au2pb.net||silenced||Advice of Dzuk|
|ika.moe||silenced||Advice of Dzuk|
|anitwitter.moe||silenced||Advice of Dzuk|
|baraag.net||suspended||Advice of Dzuk|
|social.allthefallen.ninja||suspended||Advice of Dzuk|
|social.homunyan.com||silenced||Advice of Dzuk|
|preteengirls.biz||suspended||Advice of Dzuk|
|social.hidamari.blue||silenced||Advice of Dzuk|
|libertarianism.club||silenced||Advice of Dzuk|
|toot.love||silenced||Advice of Dzuk|
|pl.smuglo.li||suspended||Advice of Dzuk|
|pleroma.cucked.me||suspended||Advice of Dzuk|
|voluntaryism.club||silenced||Advice of Dzuk|
|thechad.zone||suspended||harassment, advice of Dzuk|
- * Silenced vs suspended: silenced means they don't appear in the Federated timeline, but if someone discovers the accounts somehow (e.g. via replying to another toot) then they can follow and it will appear in their Home view.
- ** "Free speech zone": a place where it's permitted to post toots promoting e.g. National Socialism because the argument is that open discussion is more important than people's sensitivities or the denazification laws of Germany/France/etc. The term is not meant in a derogatory way; if there's a better one, let me know.
- *** lolicon: sexualized depictions of children
- **** content potentially unlawful in the U.S. under FOSTA-SESTA
Notes on our instance
- We don't accept hate speech.
- We don't accept violent nationalism or National Socialism.
- We are not a "free speech zone."
- We come from a different cultural heritage than many of the GNU Social instances.
- We pass no judgment on those that do, but our users may not want to engage with such content. This is what alt accounts are for.