An API Playground. This code is deployed and available for public use.
- Great for evaluating an API
- Useful for doing story acceptance when developing an API
- Gives pretty-printed output and the browser saves your input making it easy to reuse
Deployed on Heroku
- Use HTTPS for all requests, assume all users are passing sensitive data
- Store as little as possible, assume all users want privacy
- Provide a usable tool for working with APIs
- Further the use of Whurl through viral "whurls" - the urls that represent an API request
- Prevent abuse - users should not be able to use Whurl as a proxy for a DoS attack or similar
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.