Note: No answers to any homeworks or final exam included.
M102 - General notes
About a year and a half ago, I attended the M101JS : MongoDB for NodeJS Developers. Since then, MongoDB university launches courses about every four three months.
I decided to attend to the M102: MongoDB for DBAs and successfully completed.
I'm not a DBA. I don't pretend to be or become one, but since I was in web development, I've been working with databases. Here are the reasons why I attended this course :
- I've already passed the M101 for developers. Whatever, it's a good way to refresh my mind about all those concepts
- It's more focused on scalability, performance, from an administrator's point of view : always good to know (even in pure development, can be reusable)
This repo contains my general notes, taken on the fly while watching the video courses. I may need them as a reminder for later and it might help someone else ...
- Week 1 - Concepts
- Week 2 - CRUD
- Week 3 - Storage Engine
- Week 4 - Replication - part 1
- Week 5 - Replication - part 2
- Week 6 - Scalability
- Week 7 - Backup and Recovery
You're welcome to contribute to this repo, by submitting a pull-request or sharing your fork for cherry-picking.