This is a php-script that helps you handling versions of your database in a format that works well with code versioning.
Configuration and setup
- composer require torandi/php-migrations
- Create a directory in your project named "migrations" (or whatever)
- Symlink update_database.php and create_migration.php into the directory.
- Copy config-example.php to config.php and edit it to fit your project (see config-example.php for more info)
Use ./create_migration.php migration_name to create a new migration
This creates a empty migration with a name like 20110821231945_migration_name.sql. The file name (including the date) is the version name, and must be unique.
You may also specify a second argument to create_migration to select file format (sql or php):
- SQL: SQL to be run for the migration (multiple lines separated by ;)
- PHP: PHP code to be executed, the environment you loaded in config.php is available, remember <?php and be verbose. Not run in global scope
To then run the migrations execute ./update_database.php which runs all unrun migrations. The table schema_migrations are created (if not exist) containing all run migrations.
migration_sql(query): Print and run query run_sql(query): Run query in silence
./update_database.php [options] [username]
Username may be optional, depending on your config.php
--help, -h: Show help --check, -c: Checks if there are any migrations to run, but does not run them (dry run)