Wagtail is a content management system built on Django. It's focused on user experience, and offers precise control for designers and developers.
- A fast, attractive interface for authors and editors
- Complete control over design with standard Django templates
- Configure content types through standard Django models
- Fast out of the box. Cache-friendly if you need it
- Tightly integrated search
- Strong document and image management
- Wide support for embedded content
- Straightforward integration with existing Django apps
- Simple, configurable permissions
- Workflow support
- An extensible form builder
- Multi-site and multi-language support
- Optional static site generation
- Excellent test coverage
Find out more at wagtail.io.
pip install wagtail wagtail start mysite cd mysite python manage.py migrate python manage.py createsuperuser python manage.py runserver
then sign in at http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/
For detailed installation and setup docs, see docs.wagtail.io.
Who's using it?
docs.wagtail.io is the full reference for Wagtail, and includes guides for developers, designers and editors, alongside release notes and our roadmap.
Ask your questions on our Wagtail support group.
Wagtail supports Django 1.8.1+ on Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5. Supported database backends are PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQLite.
If you're a Python or Django developer, fork the repo and get stuck in! We run a separate group for developers of Wagtail itself at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/wagtail-developers (please note that this is not for support requests).
Send us a particularly useful pull request and we'll post you a t-shirt.
We also welcome translations for Wagtail's interface. Translation work should be submitted through Transifex.