CheapGlobalSMS wordpress plugin enables you to send SMS'es straight from the WordPress backend or via the programmers API.
Also included is free and really easy to use two-factor security, which really hardens the security of your site.
All you need, is the plugin and a free CheapGlobalSMS.com-account.
📱Send SMS / text messages
- Import recipient lists from CSV/Excel.
- Group recipients.
- Easy programmers API.
- Easy on your users: No apps needed!
- Easy on the admin: Tick a checkbox and it just works!
- Military grade security!
- Pick roles to enable mandatory two-factor.
- Re-authorize at each login or remember devices for up to 30 days.
Easy to get started:
- Live chat support and mail support from CheapGlobalSMS.com.
Backed by high quality, lowest pricing SMS-gateway:
If you would prefer to disable the UI-features and do all the sending from code, then that's possible as well. For this purpose you can use the method
cgsms_send_sms which accepts arguments for message, recipient(s), sender-text and type of SMS.
- Download the plugin zip file, and extract out the zip file 'cheapglobalsms.zip'
- Login to your WordPress Admin. Click on "Plugins > Add New" from the left hand menu.
- Click on the "Upload" option, then click "Choose File" to select the zip file from your computer. Once selected, press "OK" and press the "Install Now" button.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to "Settings » CheapGlobalSMS Settings" and add a sub-account details from your CheapGlobalSMS.com account.
- (Optional) Enable the sending UI and then go to "CheapGlobalSMS » Send SMS" and try to send an SMS to yourself, verifying that all is setup correctly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How well does this plugin handle 10.000+'s of recipients
It works really well; simply send in batches of 3,000 recipients per request.
HELP! I'm administrator and I'm locked out of the two-factor system!
If you don't have a backup of the "Emergency bypass URL" from the setup-screen, then you need to dig into the database to disable the two-factor system. Your host probably has a phpMyAdmin that you can use to access it.
Then find the
options-table, by default
wp_options. Search for the row where the
cgsms_security_enable. Simply delete the row.
How to use
Most users: User Guide
The user interfaces (which internally loads the cheapglobalsms widget) are quite intuitive and straightforward.
Advanced: Programmers API
Send an SMS to one or multiple recipients by calling
cgsms_send_sms with the following arguments
- $message (string) A string containing the message to be sent.
- $recipients (array|string) A single recipient or a list of recipients.
- $sender (string, optional) Sender text (11 chars or 15 digits)
- $destaddr (string, optional) Type of SMS - Can be MOBILE (regular SMS) or DISPLAY (shown immediately on phone and usually not stored, also knows as a Flash SMS)
Returns the CheapGlobalSMS.com message-ID on success and a WP_Error on failure.
The recipients-argument may consist of either:
- An integer or string, containing a phone number MSISDN (CC + number, digits only).
Multiple recipient's phone numbers can be separated by comma (,) e.g. +2348091234567,447828383732,+14472829929 or separate by space, e.g: 2348091234567 447828383732 14472829929