Skip to content
You can clone with
Giang Manh edited this page
Aug 11, 2015
CallIT: A Common Asynchronous Adapter for tornado and existing synchronous libraries
Frequently asked questions
Strings and Unicode
Threading and concurrency
Clone this wiki locally
- Listing of sites using Tornado.
- A place to post and discuss snippets of Tornado-related code.
- A mirror site of tornadoweb.org for China Tornado Users.
Async Client Libraries built on tornado.ioloop
Amazon Web Services
- Blocking and non-blocking (asynchronous) clients to access CouchDB using Tornado's httpclient.
- HBase Avro client
- python 2.7 and python 3
pure C language, base on Python native socket(support Python async).
wrapper with an eye on ease of use.
Socks5 Proxy Server
Web API Libraries
- Asynchronous python interface to the Dropbox API.
- High-level, caching Dropbox interface built on top of async_dropbox.
- PoC/alpha async version of
- Asynchronous version of (an outdated 0.6-devel version) of
- A client for the Kissmetrics API.
- A client for the Mixpanel API.
- An asynchronous client for Amazon SES.
- A client for the Sendgrid API.
- Tornado bindings for Stripe's API.
- Tornado authentication handler to perform Single Sign-On (SSO) via Kerberos.
- Simple Twitter Streaming client for Tornado.
- A client for the Last.fm API. Includes an async client for Tornado.
- Async APNS for iOS device push notification.
- Async library for AWS S3.
- Async library for AWS SES email sending.
Helper Libraries / Frameworks
- A sessions library for Tornado using AsyncMongo
- Tornado specific decorators for easy user authentication using
- Lightweight session handling class w/ multiple backends and MongoDB.
- Greenlet-based coroutines for Tornado
- A little layer on top of Tornado to manage a bag of dynamic utility handlers
- Framework for building cooperative web apps; includes a Tornado coweb server based on the
- session library, written for use with Redis or Memcached, and Tornado
- a set of tools for building webapps on top of Tornado
- async decorator (made redundant in Tornado 2.1+ by tornado.gen?)
- support package including an application wrapper/runner and a set of handy decorators
- Small library of useful addons, including a @route decorator.
- helpers functions that emerged from production use of Tornado in hh.ru
- A bunch of Tornado specific python utilities originally used on Kwissle.com
- Performance tracing library for Tornado
- This is a small library integrating other libraries as well as providing smaller tools for working with Tornado
- Torneira is a lightweight and rapid web framework build on top of Tornado
- Celery task queue integration with Tornado
- Fork of Tornado providing experimental SPDY v2 support.
- Locks and queues for Tornado
- A django-like framework for Tornado, with lightweight ORM and backend support
- Simple extensions to Tornado’s gen module
- Encrypted cookie support for Tornado (quick session replacement)
- twork is a Tornado app frameWork
- A productional skeleton for Tornado
- A simple JSON API framework based on Tornado
- A Django like framework based on Tornado
- A library for bootstrap project based on Tornado
Projects Built on Tornado
- Tornado + ZMQ proof of concept.
Eucalyptus User Console
- User Console using Tornado, boto, jQuery.
- Web-based Terminal Emulator and SSH Client.
- A "graphical terminal interface" that extends xterm by adding GUI-like features and session sharing
- A demonstration of how to use HBase and Tornado to build a web application.
Image Resizing Server
- This server provides a service to resize and crop images with a simple API GET.
- interactive notebook for running/sharing Python code w/ rich data display (plotting, math symbols, etc)
- RPC server using protobuf
- Protobuf over http client
- Reddit themed real-time chats using Tornado, WebSockets, and Redis.
- A light-weight queue server in python tornado, it uses memcache protocol and store queues persistently.
- A proxy server using zeromq and Tornado.
- A simple CMS for blogging built with Tornado and MongoDB
- A Tornado webserver for controlling Spotify.
- Spyder is a scalable web-spider written in Python using the non-blocking Tornado library and ZeroMQ as messaging layer. The messages are serialized using Thrift.
- Blog system (more involved than the demo).
- socket.io + tornado chat example.
- Simple Tornado app that accepts posts from PubSubHubBub feeds, saves the entries to couchdb and streams them live to the page as they come in.
- A web hook task queue based on tornado and redis.
- Tiny Tornado site for monitoring Twitter Streaming API with Websockets / long polling.
- Simple file hosting service written on top of Tornado.
- Twitter app
(redis, Celery, MongoDB).
- A RESTful Distributed Lock Manager
- A Tornado Web Crawler (Distributed)
- Tornado powered MTA (mail transport agent) that is designed for handling large volumes of email without handling any of the messages and doing no disk bound I/O.
- A Tornado powered honey pot MTA built on top of Blackhole
- Tornado based RELP server (Reliable Event Logging Protocol) designed to receive logs from RELP capable log servers (rsyslog)
- Wget-compatible web downloader.
- Graphite Alerting application.
- It use github webhook and highchart to analysis and show that who star your repository, where are they and show the top 5 followers. And you can fellow some users.
- Tornado ported to the Twisted event loop.
- Monkey-patched module to use gevent.
Tornado Powered Site
- Tornado + Rethinkdb + Qooxdoo Powered, Markdown Powered Rich Internet Chat for teams! Join our
for discussion about tornado!
Something went wrong with that request. Please try again.
You signed in with another tab or window.
to refresh your session.
You signed out in another tab or window.
to refresh your session.