Skip to content
You can clone with
no13bus edited this page
Apr 2, 2015
CallIT: A Common Asynchronous Adapter for tornado and existing synchronous libraries
Frequently asked questions
Strings and Unicode
Threading and concurrency
Clone this wiki locally
- Listing of sites using Tornado.
- A place to post and discuss snippets of Tornado-related code.
- A mirror site of tornadoweb.org for China Tornado Users.
Async Client Libraries built on tornado.ioloop
Amazon Web Services
- Blocking and non-blocking (asynchronous) clients to access CouchDB using Tornado's httpclient.
- HBase Avro client
pure C language, base on Python native socket(support Python async).
Socks5 Proxy Server
Web API Libraries
- Asynchronous python interface to the Dropbox API.
- High-level, caching Dropbox interface built on top of async_dropbox.
- PoC/alpha async version of
- Asynchronous version of (an outdated 0.6-devel version) of
- A client for the Kissmetrics API.
- A client for the Mixpanel API.
- An asynchronous client for Amazon SES.
- A client for the Sendgrid API.
- Tornado bindings for Stripe's API.
- Tornado authentication handler to perform Single Sign-On (SSO) via Kerberos.
- Simple Twitter Streaming client for Tornado.
- A client for the Last.fm API. Includes an async client for Tornado.
- Async APNS for iOS device push notification.
- Async library for AWS S3.
- Async library for AWS SES email sending.
Helper Libraries / Frameworks
- A sessions library for Tornado using AsyncMongo
- Tornado specific decorators for easy user authentication using
- Lightweight session handling class w/ multiple backends and MongoDB.
- Greenlet-based coroutines for Tornado
- A little layer on top of Tornado to manage a bag of dynamic utility handlers
- Framework for building cooperative web apps; includes a Tornado coweb server based on the
- session library, written for use with Redis or Memcached, and Tornado
- a set of tools for building webapps on top of Tornado
- async decorator (made redundant in Tornado 2.1+ by tornado.gen?)
- support package including an application wrapper/runner and a set of handy decorators
- Small library of useful addons, including a @route decorator.
- helpers functions that emerged from production use of Tornado in hh.ru
- A bunch of Tornado specific python utilities originally used on Kwissle.com
- This package provides an easy API for moving the work out of the tornado process / event loop.
- Performance tracing library for Tornado
- This is a small library integrating other libraries as well as providing smaller tools for working with Tornado
- Torneira is a lightweight and rapid web framework build on top of Tornado
- Celery task queue integration with Tornado
- Fork of Tornado providing experimental SPDY v2 support.
- Locks and queues for Tornado
- A django-like framework for Tornado, with lightweight ORM and backend support
- Simple extensions to Tornado’s gen module
- Encrypted cookie support for Tornado (quick session replacement)
- twork is a Tornado app frameWork
- A productional skeleton for Tornado
- A simple JSON API framework based on Tornado
- A Django like framework based on Tornado
Projects Built on Tornado
- Tornado + ZMQ proof of concept.
Eucalyptus User Console
- User Console using Tornado, boto, jQuery.
- Web-based Terminal Emulator and SSH Client.
- A "graphical terminal interface" that extends xterm by adding GUI-like features and session sharing
- A demonstration of how to use HBase and Tornado to build a web application.
Image Resizing Server
- This server provides a service to resize and crop images with a simple API GET.
- interactive notebook for running/sharing Python code w/ rich data display (plotting, math symbols, etc)
- a web rss reader more than demo
- RPC server using protobuf
- Protobuf over http client
- Reddit themed real-time chats using Tornado, WebSockets, and Redis.
- A light-weight queue server in python tornado, it uses memcache protocol and store queues persistently.
- A proxy server using zeromq and Tornado.
- A simple CMS for blogging built with Tornado and MongoDB
- A Tornado webserver for controlling Spotify.
- Spyder is a scalable web-spider written in Python using the non-blocking Tornado library and ZeroMQ as messaging layer. The messages are serialized using Thrift.
- Blog system (more involved than the demo).
- socket.io + tornado chat example.
- Simple Tornado app that accepts posts from PubSubHubBub feeds, saves the entries to couchdb and streams them live to the page as they come in.
- A web hook task queue based on tornado and redis.
- Tiny Tornado site for monitoring Twitter Streaming API with Websockets / long polling.
- a real-time Twitter Client.
- Simple file hosting service written on top of Tornado.
- Twitter app
(redis, Celery, MongoDB).
- A RESTful Distributed Lock Manager
- A Tornado Web Crawler (Distributed)
- Tornado powered MTA (mail transport agent) that is designed for handling large volumes of email without handling any of the messages and doing no disk bound I/O.
- A Tornado powered honey pot MTA built on top of Blackhole
- Tornado based RELP server (Reliable Event Logging Protocol) designed to receive logs from RELP capable log servers (rsyslog)
- Wget-compatible web downloader.
- Graphite Alerting application.
- It use github webhook and highchart to analysis and show that who star your repository, where are they and show the top 5 followers. And you can fellow some users.
- Tornado ported to the Twisted event loop.
- Monkey-patched module to use gevent.
Something went wrong with that request. Please try again.