Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
- tornado.poweredsites.org - Listing of sites using Tornado.
- TornadoGists - A place to post and discuss snippets of Tornado-related code.
- tornadoweb.cn - A mirror site of tornadoweb.org for China Tornado Users.
Async Client Libraries built on tornado.ioloop
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon Web Services
- pyhbase - HBase Avro client
- python-nats A Python async client for the NATS messaging system.
- prestornado Asynchronous PrestoDB (forked from PyHive.presto)
- Socks5 Proxy Server
- subprocess (local)
- Server-sent events (EventSource)
Web API Libraries
- async_dropbox - Asynchronous python interface to the Dropbox API.
- tornado_dropcache - High-level, caching Dropbox interface built on top of async_dropbox.
- asyncboto - PoC/alpha async version of boto (for AWS).
- async-python-twitter - Asynchronous version of (an outdated 0.6-devel version) of python-twitter.
- greplin-tornado-kissmetrics - A client for the Kissmetrics API.
- greplin-tornado-mixpanel - A client for the Mixpanel API.
- greplin-tornado-ses - An asynchronous client for Amazon SES.
- greplin-tornado-sendgrid - A client for the Sendgrid API.
- greplin-tornado-stripe - Tornado bindings for Stripe's API.
- sso - Tornado authentication handler to perform Single Sign-On (SSO) via Kerberos.
- TweetStream - Simple Twitter Streaming client for Tornado.
- lastfmclient - A client for the Last.fm API. Includes an async client for Tornado.
- tornado_apns - Async APNS for iOS device push notification.
- tornado_s3 - Async library for AWS S3.
- tornado_ses - Async library for AWS SES email sending.
Helper Libraries / Frameworks
- AsyncMongo-Sessions - A sessions library for Tornado using AsyncMongo
- userapp.tornado - Tornado specific decorators for easy user authentication using UserApp.
- dustdevil - Lightweight session handling class w/ multiple backends and MongoDB.
- greenado - Greenlet-based coroutines for Tornado
- handlerbag - A little layer on top of Tornado to manage a bag of dynamic utility handlers
- OpenCoweb - Framework for building cooperative web apps; includes a Tornado coweb server based on the cometd Bayeux protocol
- pycket - session library, written for use with Redis or Memcached, and Tornado
- Shelter - tool for creation new application skeleton, management commands or service processes.
- shrapnel - a set of tools for building webapps on top of Tornado
- Swirl - async decorator (made redundant in Tornado 2.1+ by tornado.gen?)
- Tinman - support package including an application wrapper/runner and a set of handy decorators
- Tornado Add-ons - Small library of useful addons, including a @route decorator.
tornado-routes — @route decorator. Supports
reverse_urlby name and/or handler class name.
- tornado-util - helpers functions that emerged from production use of Tornado in hh.ru
- tornado-utils - A bunch of Tornado specific python utilities originally used on Kwissle.com
- Tornado Tracing - Performance tracing library for Tornado
- Tornado Tools - This is a small library integrating other libraries as well as providing smaller tools for working with Tornado
- Torneira - Torneira is a lightweight and rapid web framework build on top of Tornado
- tornado-celery - Celery task queue integration with Tornado
- tornado-spdy - Fork of Tornado providing experimental SPDY v2 support.
- Toro - Locks and queues for Tornado before 4.2 (beginning in version 4.2, Toro's locks and queues are included in Tornado itself)
- Mojo - A django-like framework for Tornado, with lightweight ORM and backend support
- tornado-encookie - Encrypted cookie support for Tornado (quick session replacement)
- twork - twork is a Tornado app frameWork
- mownfish - A productional skeleton for Tornado
- Tornado-JSON - A simple JSON API framework based on Tornado
- Torngas - A Django like framework based on Tornado
- Tokit - A library for bootstrap project based on Tornado
- tortik - A microframework atop of Tornado for easier develop of SOA-based (microservices) applications
- app-turbo - A web framework based on Tornado for easier develop, scaling up and maintenance
- Blackgate - An API gateway application based on Tornado
Projects Built on Tornado
- dillinger - Tornado + ZMQ proof of concept.
- Eucalyptus User Console - User Console using Tornado, boto, jQuery.
- Gate One - Web-based Terminal Emulator and SSH Client.
- GraphTerm - A "graphical terminal interface" that extends xterm by adding GUI-like features and session sharing
- hbase-tornado-demo - A demonstration of how to use HBase and Tornado to build a web application.
- Image Resizing Server - This server provides a service to resize and crop images with a simple API GET.
- iPython Notebook - interactive notebook for running/sharing Python code w/ rich data display (plotting, math symbols, etc)
- protocolbuf-rpc-server - RPC server using protobuf
- tornado-protobuf-utils - Protobuf over http client
- ragechats - Reddit themed real-time chats using Tornado, WebSockets, and Redis.
- redqueue - A light-weight queue server in python tornado, it uses memcache protocol and store queues persistently.
- Scale0 - A proxy server using zeromq and Tornado.
- selene - A simple CMS for blogging built with Tornado and MongoDB
- spotnado - A Tornado webserver for controlling Spotify.
- Spyder - Spyder is a scalable web-spider written in Python using the non-blocking Tornado library and ZeroMQ as messaging layer. The messages are serialized using Thrift.
- tornado-blog - Blog system (more involved than the demo).
- tornadio-chat - socket.io + tornado chat example.
- tornado-couchdb-pubsubhubbub-aggregator - Simple Tornado app that accepts posts from PubSubHubBub feeds, saves the entries to couchdb and streams them live to the page as they come in.
- torque - A web hook task queue based on tornado and redis.
- tweetwatcher - Tiny Tornado site for monitoring Twitter Streaming API with Websockets / long polling.
- uploadr - Simple file hosting service written on top of Tornado.
- toocool - Twitter app http://TooCoolFor.Me (redis, Celery, MongoDB).
- restful-distributed-lock-manager (RDLM) - A RESTful Distributed Lock Manager
- spiro - A Tornado Web Crawler (Distributed)
- blackhole - Tornado powered MTA (mail transport agent) that is designed for handling large volumes of email without handling any of the messages and doing no disk bound I/O.
- hoard - A Tornado powered honey pot MTA built on top of Blackhole
- torelp - Tornado based RELP server (Reliable Event Logging Protocol) designed to receive logs from RELP capable log servers (rsyslog)
- Wpull - Wget-compatible web downloader.
- graphite-beacon - Graphite Alerting application.
- ohmyrepo - It use github webhook and highchart to analysis and show that who star your repository, where are they and show the top 5 followers. And you can fellow some users.