Please sign in to comment.
mm: prepare for removal of obsolete /proc/sys/vm/nr_pdflush_threads
Since per-BDI flusher threads were introduced in 2.6, the pdflush mechanism is not used any more. But the old interface exported through /proc/sys/vm/nr_pdflush_threads still exists and is obviously useless. For back-compatibility, printk warning information and return 2 to notify the users that the interface is removed. Signed-off-by: Wanpeng Li <email@example.com> Cc: Wu Fengguang <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 40 additions and 27 deletions.
- +5 −0 Documentation/ABI/obsolete/proc-sys-vm-nr_pdflush_threads
- +8 −0 Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt
- +0 −11 Documentation/sysctl/vm.txt
- +0 −5 fs/fs-writeback.c
- +3 −0 include/linux/backing-dev.h
- +0 −5 include/linux/writeback.h
- +3 −5 kernel/sysctl.c
- +1 −1 kernel/sysctl_binary.c
- +20 −0 mm/backing-dev.c
|@@ -0,0 +1,5 @@|
|+Date: June 2012|
|+Contact: Wanpeng Li <email@example.com>|
|+Description: Since pdflush is replaced by per-BDI flusher, the interface of old pdflush|
|+ exported in /proc/sys/vm/ should be removed.|