Online Course: AI Foundations Powered by ISTE and IBM
Clone this wiki locally
- Name: AI Foundations - Powered by ISTE and IBM
- Subject: General AI
- Type: free online course
- Audience: high school (students age 14-20+)
- Duration: 15 hours (estimated)
- Author: ISTE
- URL: https://www.ptech.org/open-p-tech/curriculum/artificial-intelligence/ai-foundations-powered-by-iste-and-ibm/
Summary: AI Foundations is an online course from ISTE and IBM that provides high school students with a comprehensive introduction to Artificial Intelligence. It can be used independently by students or in a blended-learning environment, and is beginner-friendly for students and teachers alike. Includes experiments with a variety of online demos and tools. Programming is not required.
- Basics of AI: History of AI, machine learning algorithms, recommender systems, neural networks, and more
- Design thinking: Use the Design Thinking framework to apply AI to a real-world problem through an AI Design Challenge
- Digital badge: Earn the AI Foundations digital badge from IBM and ISTE upon passing the final assessment with a score of 80% or higher
- Career pathways: Explore different careers that use or create AI, and learn from diverse voices in the field working on and with AI.
- AI Ethics: Get informed about how AI is both an exciting technology and one that deserves careful consideration to ensure it is applied ethically.
- AI Applications: How is AI applied in real-world applications? Learn and practice with exciting new tools.