Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Voice Control Demos
Cozmo has no microphone, so voice recognition must be done through the computer running the SDK. Lots of people are experimenting with solutions. Below is a preliminary list.
- Cozmo Voice Commands (CvC) repository on GitHub.
- Controlling Cozmo with Alexa post on Cozmo SDK Forums.
- Speech Recognition demo from the Cozplay demo collection. Brief description on the Cozmo SDK Forums.
- Controlling Cozmo via voice commands post on Cozmo SDK Forums (uses SpeechRecognition and PyAudio packages).
- SpeechRecognition package for Python.
- PyAudio audio i/o package for Python, required by SpeechRecognition
- Flask-Ask Python skill development framework for Alexa.
SpeechRecognition requires pyaudio 0.2.9 or higher, which in turn requires portaudio. Therefore you need to first install portaudio with apt.
apt-get install portaudio19-dev pip3 install --upgrade SpeechRecognition pyaudio