Pit - F# to JS Compiler
Lets you code, debug and manage easily
- F# Map Structure
- Support for mapping response text as JSON [Done]
- Support for reading response XML
- jQuery integration [Done]
- Additionally implement extension points in the compiler to modify the AST. [Partially done]
- F# views for ASP.NET MVC (Tomas Petricek's project)
- HTML5 apis
- WebSocket [Done]
- File API
- Data attributes
- WinRT + VS2011 integration
- F# 3.0 build targetting VS 2011
- Metro-specific application templates
Additionally, If someone is interested in creating component controls using Pit, below are the areas of focus,
- F# Component Controls (using reactive pattern aka Observables)
- Editor controls like AutoComplete, MaskEdit, DateTime, Integer/Double/Percent edit, Popup edit, Slider, Range slider, Color picker, RadioListBox, CheckListBox etc.,
- Basic Charting library (using SVG/HTML5 Canvas)
- Sparkline charts
- Basic diagram controls (using SVG/HTML5 Canvas)
- Basic DataGrid
Building Pit Source:
We recently added Fake scripts (build tool for F#). Run the build.bat to execute the scripts, all related dlls will be placed in the bin\debug or bin\release folder.
Additionally to create Vsix and setup, use the run.bat which executes a set of MSbuild project files. This requires additional setup to be installed, since we create VS Extensions, Please download:
How to contribute?
If you would like to contribute to the Pit project you could take up any of the features that is available in the roadmap / any custom feature that you think would provide nice value. You can email email@example.com for dicussing and getting started with it. Small note here, Pit team may be working on some of the features already, so it's at best to check once before you fork off and start on it.
And if you want to work on bug fixes, go ahead and fork it off no need to check with us! Send us couple of test cases along with it.
Note: All features should pass the existing tests found in the "tests" folder and also provide new tests for the feature, only then the feature will be accepted for inclusion in the main branch.
Bugs can be filed using the Issues tab in Github (https://github.com/fsharp/pitfw/issues). Make sure you have got the following things
- Sample with clear reproducing steps
- If possible, provide a screenshot and describe the error in a simple way
We will analyze the bug and if it's a good use-case then this will be added to the main test cases for future regression testing.