This iOS app demonstrates following features by creating a sample app which should keep track of captains (DBCaptain) which own a yacht (DBYacht):
- Setup a DB model of two entities with a relationship (DBCaptain, DBYacht)
- Have a model change over time & use migrations (demonstrates a history of changes to start with a tiny model which expands from migration to migration)
- Create/Insert single & bulk entities into Realm DB also on a background thread
- Edit entities in conjunction with & without FXForms (you can set a flag)
- Drive the whol database encrypted/unencrypted by switching a PCH-flag
You drive the whole app-build via precompiler header flags. So just have a look at the
RealmExplorer_Prefix.pch and check out the documented PCH-flags you should change. These flags also change which kind of code goes into the build and they allow to adjust the UI of each build according to the current db schema version used.
Please download the Realm.framework for Objective-C from the website at https://realm.io/docs/objc/latest/ and place the static binary build for Xcode 7 in the
Realm-folder of the project.
To better get to know the possibilities of FXForms please visit the github repo of Nick Lockwood. Huge thank you to him for providing this solution. It was perfect to tinkering with this sample. Any help & hints how to get Realm-entities better integrated with the FXForms are welcome.
- Version 1.1 (5.11.2015)
The code is licensed under GPLv3 License.