This Trailbot Smart Policy pushes file events into a Zapier Webhooks trigger.
There are hundreds of use cases for this policy:
- Store automatic file backups in your Dropbox folder.
- Set SMS alerts upon illegal access to your server.
- Automatically create GitHub issues when a new line is appended to your app's error logfile.
- Go to Zapier. Please log in or sign up.
- Create a new Zap by clicking the Make a Zap! orange button in the header.
- Search and choose the Webhooks by Zapier trigger.
- In the Choose trigger step, choose Catch Hook and click Save + Continue.
- In the Setup options step, simply click Continue.
- Now Zapier will give you the custom webhook URL for this Zap. Please copy it and leave your browser open.
- Go to Trailbot Client, choose a watched file and add this policy (
- When asked for the Webhook URL, simply paste the URL you copied from Zapier.
- Add the policy and go back the Zapier website in your browser.
- Click Ok, I did this. After a few seconds, a success message will appear. Simply click Continue.
- Now choose one or more Action apps and set them up as wished. Remember that you can also add zapier filters in order to make this policy even smarter.
- Finally, remember to enable the Zap.
This policy accepts the following parameters:
|url||The custom webhook URL.||null|