Welcome. This is the user interface of localboards.org. For example:
http://douglas.ne.localboards.org/boards/ - All the City of Omaha government boards. (Douglas county, Nebraska, USA)
The API can be forked at https://github.com/noahkoch/api-localboards-org
The data was (mostly) discovered in .pdf files spread all over the Internet. 2 team members spent 2 full days scraping information out of those documents and organizing it into a shared Google Drive spreadsheet. Those sheets were exported and are available here. Those sheets are read by seeds.rb which loads the data into the database.
The source code
- https://github.com/trakaus/localboards-ui - Front end web user interface for humans
- https://github.com/noahkoch/OrgOrg - Back end REST API for computers
The front end merely hits the back and then makes it pretty for humans.
Computers hit the back end directly. e.g.:
The back end is documented (extremely poorly by me (Jay Hannah)) here:
Our Hack Omaha 2013 Team
- Mitch Barry @mitchbarry http://google.com/+MitchellBarry
- Dave Burchell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jay Hannah @deafferret http://jays.net email@example.com
- Noah Koch @noahkoch firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Walker @zenrandd email@example.com
- Cody Winchester firstname.lastname@example.org
You! Fork this project and send us pull requests!